Wednesday, November 18, 2009

am i interesting?

today we are going to talk about what makes me interesting? I know many of you probably don't read this (I feel like I'm talking to myself) because you have better things to do. Do you ever ask yourself why do your friends keep you around? I often do when I start to notice when I travel (going out) in big groups (about 6 or more). I ask myself why am I hanging out with these guys/girls or why are they hanging out with me? I sometimes let this go (for the sake of peace in mind) but this time I want to answer my own question. I don't find myself interesting but I do find myself unique, I tend to do things by myself because not many of my friends share the same mentality/humor as I do. Last night I had an interesting conversation with a friend about how our first impressions are usually "Shy" at first but once we get to know each other we open up. I on the other hand will probably be shy for a while (3-4 years) before you start seeing the "666" stamped on my forehead. I find that my shyness draws people to liking me, don't get me wrong I do open up and I can hold a conversation but I don't open up all the way (unless I'm drunk). People often think I'm weird because I collect sneakers and I'm into the not so general stuff that everyone else is in too. So what if I like being part of an exclusive club? so what if I have dreams about rats and cats in a cage, setting them on fire, and then waking up laughing hysterically!? I have tried opening up to some of my friends but one who has a close glimpse of my insanity would be my cousin, unfortunately (sorry Ron). I am lost in writing this post/blog? If you are reading this, what is it that you find interesting about me that makes you keep me around as a friend? enlighten me....I'm curious

2 comments:

  1. This is easy...Other than the fact that i've know you my entire life the reason i let you back in is because I can use you. If you are around me you will find that I keep people around for good reasons, "What can I steel from this fool, and make my own." Whether its good or bad, i will find a way to steel something from you. If you are shy and unmotivated to socialize I will pick you apart and see why you are not like myself. I would say I steel the most from you as of late.
    As side from personality traits I steel from you my favorite thing is I'm not into materialistic possessions as much as you or Randy. I have to thank you for that, you make it easy for me to not want a bike because yours will be better. I've grown to accept you passion for these things and appreciate your taste. What differentiates you from everyone else's opinion is the R&D that goes into it. You have a real obsession for the things you like, so when someone ask's why you pick one thing over another your kinda of a dick and a snob about the explanation. As if we should have been on the same websites as you finding out why these rims are lighter stronger and faster than the ones I picked out. Your taste has probably got to be one of the most unique things about you. If someone is looking to differentiate themselves they could go to you and in a second you can tell them that everyone gets that. Cause you already know...you already weighed out the options of why you didn't buy that. One of the nice things you do for me though is pick something that is more me than you. I think that's a true talent. How do you know what I'll like more than I do? I feel the short coming is explaining it to me. What I realized is it comes to you... that's why i no longer ask. It comes to you when people in the street start asking you about it. "where did you get that bike? Where is that hoodie from? What is Coachella? Where is that beanie from?" I think its even funnier when you witness it.
    As far as you being shy I feel or not opening up, its such a trick. I think its better for people to find out on their own. My only tip is, this kid already knows everything you are wearing, the car you're driving, the music you are nodding your head to, the shit you're talking about...and he still hasn't said one thing. What the fuck do you think he's thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, your one of the weirdest guys I know. hobbies that I wouldn't understand. That is exactly what makes you intriguing. Your one of the few and only friends that I can hit up and get answer on just about anything, from cars, bikes, phones, clothes, food, etc... You do all the research for whatever reason. You always kept everyone guessing or waiting on what project or hobby you would pick up next and it was always something people never really looked into and you always made it your own in some way. Then next time you came around with what you had made your own, people would stop and in the back of their minds they were thinkin "Hey I have one of those but it never looked like that." And No worries Bro, I get your humor. Ha Ha!! I can say the same for my humor not many people outside of the circle of family, those few friends and being in the service get. And that 666 stamp comes out quicker than you think and it pulls people to you without you knowing until you yourself stop and think how did we end up being friends. It is just in your nature Rich to be one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete