Tuesday, November 24, 2009

inspired by the inspired


do you ever wonder what inspires you to go on with everyday life, to want to live, to want to write, to be awesome, or to be motivated to do something else? who and what are your influences? majority of people will say "my peers" inspire me and motivate me to accomplish certain goals. I myself look to my peers to open doors for me and once my foot is through the door, I personally think that from here on out it's all a mental game against myself. As broad of a subject as this sounds, I think this applies to majority of situations. Think about the many situations that you've been in and ask yourself this, "Who have I looked to for strength to help me push through this wall that I have hit?" Have you helped yourself or depended on a friend to get you through this? I know that most of your answers are pretty much going to be that you have depended on someone else to help push you through a certain situation. I personally like the challenge of pushing myself through the wall I have hit. I love a mental challenge because it's puts you on a different level and alters your thoughts about how to approach certain situations. For example, I almost hit a wall today after thinking about my workout schedule, I found myself starting to fall off after my cousin has worked soo hard to get me back into the gym (thanks ron for opening that door). Today I had a choice of either raising my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) by doing my hour of cardio or finish a movie I had started about 30mins ago. I didn't turn to my cousin for advice nor did I turn to a friend but I turned to myself and weighed my options. Do I wanna finish a movie that I'd rather watch with my cousin instead of by myself or should I go after my goal (break into the 180's lbs) and just hit the gym. My heart didn't even miss a beat, I stood up off of the couch, changed clothes, and scadadled my fat arse off to the gym because in the end I knew that this decision would be a good effect to later this evening. I hit my goal (189lbs) and me and my cousin can watch "Inglorious Bastards" and laugh about it later tonight. My main trick to what inspired me to hit the gym rather than sit on my arse is this, I didn't think but rather I reacted because through past experiences the more you think about it, the more you delay yourself from doing it and after wasting countless minutes (maybe even hours) of thinking, now you have grown lazy and tired and just don't want to do anything! In this certain situation I applied the saying "actions speak louder than words!" which worked out pretty well, I didn't call anybody and asked for their advise but rather I acted on my own and inspired myself to achieve my goal. After reading this and after you find yourself in another sticky situation, think about what I said and try to alter your train of thought and motivate yourself to push through your tough situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment