Saturday, November 14, 2009

my distraction to save me from me


This information is for the ones that already know me but don't understand me. Do you ever wonder why you are where you are today? I don't particularly mean the more broad choices that you've made in life that brought you to where you are today. I mean, do you ever think about why you are in debt? I'm at a point in my life where I've come to realize that "debt" will be the bane of my existence, I know it sounds stupid but it's true. I try so hard to make it out of debt but why can't I seem to shake off the one thing that keeps me in this constant struggle for the title "debt free". Here's why, I tend to find hobbies that keep me busy and keeps me happy but these hobbies come at a expensive price, and this is the lifestyle I have chosen. My hobbies are what keeps me in debt and it's what keeps me happy right, so why don't I stop? Should I see a therapist about my problems? NO! Why? because like what my cousin always say's "Do whatever makes you happy, buy whatever makes you happy, because IT'S CHEAPER THAN THERAPY!"(FML). Buying the things I want keeps a smile on my face but I'm learning to control my impulse buys and urges to buy awesome things. Here's a little bit of an insight to my way of life, I like to buy things that many others won't have or wouldn't even think to buy. I don't like to have the feeling that when I go out there's a chance someone is wearing the same clothes, sneakers, hats, or even riding the same bike as I me. I like being exclusive in my own way. Take for instance bicycles, I've never thought I would have gotten into bikes if it weren't for my brother and my cousin. To hear them talk passionately about it made me a bit interested and once I started researching it, I found several people throwing their own ideas and styles into their own bikes and I'd love to learn on how to build and work my own bike so I asked myself what better way to learn something than to start working at the source! So I started working at a bike shop and bought my first bike which was the Fuji Obey Track bike (see profile picture, thanks the david). But that bike just got me into riding although I wanted to customize it, I didn't really want to start butchering Shepard Fairey's design. I knew that before I can start customizing my bike I had to learn the fundamentals of building a bike. I tried reading books (that didn't work) but from past experiences I've learned that the best way for me to learn is to have a hands on experience on building a bike. I've spent 2 months plotting and researching on which frame, parts, & wheels I'd like to build. After saving and researching I finally took the dive and bought the 2008 Bianchi Pista Concept and slowly started gathering parts. Once I have purchased all the necessary parts, I went to town and started my first build. My parts list are as follows (I tried not to cut any corners on any of my parts). Like I always say "If your going to do it, do it RIGHT!"
~2008 Bianchi Pista Concept (White), Deda aluminum pista bars wrapped w/ Celeste bartape, Ritchey WCS 4-axis stem (White), Miche Supertype Seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle, Phil Wood Titanium Campy Spec Bottom Bracket, Sugino 75 Crankset/75 chainring (48t black/black), MKS RX-1 Pedals/MKS cages/MKS Alpha Double Straps, Mavic Ellipse Trackwheelset (16t Surly Cog),& Vittoria Rubino Pro's (Celeste)~
more to come but in the meantime ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment